Ski & Snowboard
Our top instructors are here to provide you with one-on-one instruction giving you personalized tips and recommendations to make you advance faster. Don’t worry about your class size with our private lessons. Enjoy flexibility and a personalized lesson with Snowy Range Mountain Sports School Private Lessons.
PRIVATE LESSONS PRICING
MUST BE BOOKED 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE
LIFT TICKETS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL LESSONS BUT ARE NOT INCLUDED
PRICING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE DURING THE SEASON
Mountain Sports School
While we still will ask for your ability level to help us assign a perfect instructor for you, your lesson will be tailored to your exact needs. Our instructors will be able to give you specific instructions to help you with your skiing and drills to help improve your ability level quicker.
BEGINNER / NEVER EVER
- CANNOT PUT ON SKIS BY THEMSELVES
- CANNOT STOP (WITHOUT HELP)
- CANNOT TURN BOTH DIRECTIONS
- CANNOT J-TURN IN BOTH DIRECTIONS (FRONT FOOT IN)
- CANNOT STOP BY THEMSELVES (WITHOUT HELP)
- CANNOT TURN ONE DIRECTION (BOTH FEET IN)
- CAN STOP (WITHOUT HELP)
- CAN WEDGE TURN BOTH DIRECTIONS
- CAN HOLD AN EDGE AND TRAVERSE THE RUN FACE
- HAS LIFT EXPERIENCE
- CAN SLIP BOTH EDGES
- CAN J-TURN BOTH DIRECTIONS (FRONT FOOT IN)
- CAN TRAVERSE IN BOTH DIRECTIONS
- HAS LIFT EXPERIENCE
- HAS ALL LEVEL 1 SKILLS
- WORKING ON WEDGE TO PARALLEL TRANSITION
- REFINING PARALLEL TURNS WITHOUT STOPPING
- CAN CONTROL SPEED THROUGH TURN SHAPES (NOT WEDGE)
- CONFIDENT ON LIFTS
- HAS ALL LEVEL 1 SKILLS
- WORKING ON LINKING TURNS IN BOTH DIRECTIONS
- CONTROL SPEED THROUGH TURN SHAPE
- CAN STOP WITH CONFIDENCE
- HAS CONFIDENCE ON LIFTS
MOUNTAIN SPORTS SCHOOL FAQS
REFUND & WEATHER POLICY
- Skiing and Snowboarding are outdoor sports. Beware of changing mountain conditions.
- If weather conditions cause road closures all reservations may be moved to another day per our cancellation policy.
Lift Ticket/Rental Cancellation Policy
- All online reservation refunds must be requested 48 hours prior to arrival (at 8 am) and will be refunded with a 5% fee. Rainchecks will be issued upon request prior to the close of business on the date of use. In the event of a COVID-19 interruption in operations, we will offer rainchecks for the 2022/2023 season but no refunds will be issued. Online tickets expire at the end of the selected date. NO refunds or rain checks will be offered after the original date of the ticket. Please forward to your email receipt to request a refund or order modification to email@example.com.
- Example: A refund for a Saturday ticket must be requested by 8AM on Wednesday
Lessons must be canceled 48 hours prior to the start of the lesson can be rescheduled at no cost or refunded with a 5% fee. Group lessons canceled less than 48 hours prior to the start of the lesson can be rescheduled with a $15 fee but no refund will be issued. Private lessons canceled less than 48 hours prior to the start of the lesson can be rescheduled with a $30 fee but no refund will be issued. Request for a refund or raincheck after the lesson was scheduled to start the lesson can not be refunded or rescheduled.
Example: A refund for a Saturday 10AM lesson must be requested by 10AM on Wednesday
I SEE THAT LESSONS ARE NOT AVAILABLE 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE, DOES THIS MEAN THEY ARE SOLD OUT?
No, the Mountain Sports School (MSS) will sometimes have openings in our lessons. The 48-hour blackout online is to allow for proper staffing at the MSS. Please call the MSS Office for information regarding short-notice lessons. We do not guarantee availability for lessons within 48 hours, but the staff will do their best to accommodate your lesson needs. Please call us for lesson reservations inside 48 hours. These reservations will be assessed at the window rate.
DOES MOUNTAIN SPORTS SCHOOL OFFER TELEMARK LESSONS?
Unfortunately we are not able to offer these lessons.
ARE PRIVATE OR GROUP LESSONS BETTER?
In general, children 5 and under will learn more in private lessons because the instructor can teach at the pace of one student instead of many. For ages 5 and up, how an individual learns is different for everyone. For many, learning in a group environment is best. For others, one-on-one instruction is best.
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE SIZE OF A GROUP LESSON?
The size of group lessons can vary based on the weekend and the age group and level of the students.
CAN YOU ACCOMODATE STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES IN A GROUP LESSON?
Depending on the disability we will try our best to accommodate what we can. We also recommend Winter Park and Steamboat in Colorado for specialty lessons as they have the equipment and instructors with the proper certifications.
WHAT ABILITY LEVEL SHOULD I SIGN UP FOR?
Lesson ability levels are based on what skills had been achieved in a prior lesson. Please see Ability Levels for more in-depth descriptions.
HOW EARLY DO WE NEED TO ARRIVE BEFORE A LESSON
The MSS ask that all students are checked in for their lesson at least 30 minutes prior to their lesson. If you are also getting rentals please allow 1 hour to be fitted and ready for the lesson. We ask that all students meet at the meeting place 5 minutes prior to the lesson starting time.
WHAT IS THE YOUNGEST AGE ACCEPTED INTO A LESSON?
3 and 4 year olds have the option to take a 1 hour lesson at 9 am or Noon for $108. For more information please visit our Private Lesson Page.
CAN A YOUTH (5-12 YRS) JOIN OLDER TEEN (13-17 YRS) SIBLING IN A GROUP LESSON?
While staff does their best to accommodate families, in general, the age difference between most Teen groups and Youth groups is too great. A private family lesson may be the best option.
CAN 4 & UNDER CHILDREN BE IN GROUP LESSONS?
Due to the development and ability of the child, along with additional demands placed upon instructors. Snowy Range offers 3 and 4 year olds, a 1 hour lesson at 9 am or Noon for $108. For more information please visit our Private Lesson Page.